With so much information – and advice – out there it’s hard to keep in perspective what is important and what is noise. Below are 7 practical reminders on leading.
1. You will need to spread the message more than once.
2. If people are given direction they will produce.
3. As a leader you don’t have to do all the work.
4. Focus on those that are willing to follow, everyone else will fall into place. Or you’ll need to move them on.
5. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from those that have the knowledge.
6. Let those that have skills lead in their area of expertise.
7. Listen twice as much as you speak.
Any other reminders for leaders out there?