What makes this list different from others you ask? My response, “me.”
I am sure as a leader you have your own list, and I can’t wait to read it. But for the meantime below are my top 5 habits.
1. Highly effective leaders are accountable – I live by this word. If you want to be effective, you must stop making excuses, and be accountable, and responsible for your sphere of influence. Will there be roadblocks? Yes. Will there be distractions? Yes. Will there people who are not for you? I think you know the answer to that one.
2. Highly effective leaders get results – Along with accountability, results, is the second word I live by. In the end it doesn’t matter how much you know, it’s what can you do with what you know, and can you innovate and get results. Can you imagine if Bill Gates, or Steve Jobs, or better yet, Jesus Christ our Lord and savior knew what had to be done, but didn’t do it? There would be no results. So focus on results and producing you have a lot people depending on you.
3. Highly effective leaders encourage -Everyday I wake up with the Psalm, this is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad it in it. Why? Because it encourages me. As a leader one of your primary jobs is to encourage yourself and encourage others, so that you get the best out of yourself and those you lead.
4. Highly effective leaders mentor -As a leader it is your duty to mentor. If you want to leave a legacy, than teach others what you know. There is nothing more rewarding than being able to leave a legacy because you have shared of your knowledge, expertise and skills.
5. Highly effective leaders delegate -Then after you mentor, and have developed well rounded followers, with the potential to become leaders, you need to delegate. Share responsibility so that your followers can exhibit their skills, know-how, and competence. It will also lighten your work-load so that you can focus on visionary work.
What other habits can you add to my list?